Anxiety and stress are strong enemies of our quality of life and our happiness. Unfortunately, in an increasingly hectic world, with little time, hurry, and obligations at all times; Anxiety has become a travel companion.
Anxiety and stress negatively affect our health, our thoughts, behavior, and emotions.
Therefore, here are some simple recommendations for you to introduce in your day-to-day routines and tips to help you feel more relaxed, with greater mental clarity, and prepared to face each day positively.
Tips for a life without anxiety and stress:
- Every day, try to take time for yourself. Do some pleasant activity and focus on doing it. You can take a walk in a park, sit on a bench and enjoy the scenery, the smells, the fresh air. Focus on everything you see and feel, and put your worries aside during this time.
- View relaxing images to achieve greater relaxation. Imagine a heavenly landscape. It could be, for example, a dream beach. Imagine its sand, warm and soft, the sound of the waves breaking on the shore, and the seagulls flying over the beach. Take a deep breath and feel all the sensations that this landscape evokes in you. You can synchronize your breathing with the movement of the waves. When the wave reaches the shore, you take in air, and when it moves away, you release it. Hold this visualization accompanied by breathing for a few minutes. Little by little, you will feel how your body and your mind reach a state of tranquility.
- Encourage positive experiences in your life. Spend time with your family, friends, partners. Allow yourself to live pleasant moments with them, which will help you feel happier and that you will remember later.
Also Read: The Emotional World of Disability
- Remember your goals and the reason for each action. Remembering the objective of your efforts will help you give meaning to your day-to-day life and feel satisfied that you are tracing the path towards what is truly important. If you need to take some time, relax and write it down on a piece of paper. Writing it down will help you visualize it better.
- Seeks to have a healthy lifestyle. Exercise daily. It will help you eliminate toxins and release endorphins, the hormones of happiness. Eat properly and restrict the consumption of stimulants. In this way, your body will be in tune with calm.
- It relativizes the importance of everyday problems and difficulties. Instead, focus on what is truly important, what leads you to well-being.
- Forget the past and worry about the future. It has not yet arrived. Instead, live fully in the present and worry only about what you can solve today. This way, you will get to enjoy more of the little things happening right now, and you will reduce stress.
- Take some time to get to know yourself – your needs, wants, feelings, and emotions. Ask yourself what makes you happy and how you could achieve it. You can do some meditation while you do it. It will help you to be centered and clear.
- Be flexible. Life is full of unexpected events and changes. It would help if you adapted to the new circumstances without giving way to frustration. Instead, accept the changes and be part of them.
- Get involved in activities and projects that motivate you. When we feel identified with what we do, we think according to ourselves, which helps us not stress.
- Accept that there are aspects of life beyond your control, but they should not lead you to feel bad. Remember that what is important is what you do with what happens around you. We cannot change what happens to us or what other people do, but we can change how it affects us and how we respond.
- Share your time with people who help you to be happy and achieve well-being. Get away from negative vibes and surround yourself with those who transmit what you want.